Subject: sshd and /dev/tty?
From: [email-masked]

29 Apr 1998 06:28:25 -0700
Sender: [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/plain; CHARSET=US-ASCII

I installed the latest ssh-1.2.22 binaries from ____ and am using his
latest coolview snapshot however, I can't get sshd to work.  I start
sshd in debug mode and then try to connect from a remote UNIX machine
and I actually get in okay, but then sshd tries to chmod /dev/tty1:
"debug: chmod /dev/tty1 0666 failed:  No such file or directory"
and then sshd exits, closing the connection.  The client sees these
errors (IP addresses have been scrubbed):

Warning: Remote host denied X11 forwarding, perhaps xauth program could not be run on the server side.
Remote: * Remote error: Agent socket creation: wrong directory after chdir
Remote: * Remote error: Authentication fowarding disabled.
Warning: Remote host denied authentication agent forwarding.
Environment:
  HOME=/users/jaxley
  USER=jaxley
  LOGNAME=jaxley
  MAIL=/users/jaxley/newmail
  SHELL=/bin/sh
  TZ=PST8PDT
  SSH_CLIENT=123.456.789.10 1022 22
  SSH_TTY=/dev/tty1
  TERM=vs100
  SSH_AUTH_SOCK=agent-socket-1025

No mail.
: No such file or directory
Connection to ntserver closed.

I'm assuming that the ": No such file or directory" error applies to
/dev/tty1, which is what SSH_TTY is set to.  I have CYGWIN_TTY set to 1
and CYGWIN32 set to tty.  Is there something I'm doing wrong or does
this sshd just not work yet?

-- 

-Jason

+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|	Jason Axley			[email-masked]             |
|	System Administrator		Phone:  425-828-8473              |
|	AT&T Wireless Services		Fax:    425-828-1720              |
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".