Subject: Re: gcc and cross-compilers
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

29 Apr 1998 05:27:35 -0700
Sender: [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: Kai Ruottu <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII

On Tue, 28 Apr 1998, Kai Ruottu wrote:

> 
>  Anyway, after installing the mingw32 patches (and removing the 'unlibsubdir'
> things from the search paths, that I have always hated since removing them
> from the cygwin32-sources), there weren't much troubles to get a Linux-to-
> mingw32-egcs-1.0.2 cross-compiler. Thanks to Mumit for providing the patches!

Glad it worked!

I agree that the "unlibsubdir" patch isn't very elegant, but I wanted to
be compatible with Cygnus' distribution, and it does make the binary
distributions much more "transportable". If you're building for yourself,
there's no reason to use that patch however.

> 
>  Regards, Kai
> 
> PS. I didn't revert the fixes for the headers... All but the mkdir() seems
> Ok for me. But is it really true that mkdir() is like the one in Borland C
> (only one parameter), and not like the UNIX-standard 'int mkdir(const char *, 
> mode_t)' ?
> 

That's because Win32 is not Unix ;-) Both MSVC/CRTDLL and Borland runtimes
use a single parameter, since those were designed for FAT and what not
that don't have the concept of permissions. The Win32 API however does
allow these modes.

Regards,
Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".