Subject: Stack corruption w/B19.1
From: [email-masked] (Scott C. Gray)

28 Apr 1998 22:15:04 -0700
Sender: [email-masked]
Message-ID: <Pine.SUN.3.96.980428081502.19574B-100000.cygnus.gnu-win32@omni2>
To: [email-masked]
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII

I have gone through the mailing archives to some extent and
havn't managed to find a solution to this yet, so here goes...

I have an application that uses Sybase's Open Client libraries
(its just an API to communicate with Sybase's database products).
After converting all of their necessary dll's using:

   C:> impdef libxxx.dll > libxxx.def
   C:> dlltool --as=as -k --dllname libxxx.dll --output-lib libxxx.a
       --def libxxx.def

my program compiles and links flawlessly.  

However, at run time it seems that calling almost any function 
contained in my libraries generated using dlltool, the call
stack of the calling function gets corruption.  I can see this
easily by doing the following:

   function()
   {
      void  *x = NULL;

      fprintf( stderr, "x = %p\n", x );   /* Prints "x = 0x0" */

      some_library_function();

      fprintf( stderr, "x = %p\n", x );   /* Prints "x = 0x40f8b4" */
   }

Any ideas?  I have quite a large user community that would love
to see my program running on 95/NT (see my .sig for those of
you that use Sybase products).

Thanks in advance.
-scott

--
Scott C. Gray                 [email-masked]     "my keybard is brken"
Sybase Professional Services  [email-masked]
   http://www.voicenet.com/~gray/sqsh.html

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".