Subject: GCC on WindowsNT
From: [email-masked] (Ronald Pijnacker)

28 Apr 1998 21:46:25 -0700
Sender: [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked] (cygwin)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII

Hi all,

at the risk of repeating a question, and being a little of topic, I
would like to ask a question that has been bugging me some time
now.

There seems to be an increasing demand to have the gcc running on
WindowsNT. The standard answer to anyone asking for that is `have a
look at cygwin32', which -- ofcourse -- is a good answer :) . However,
when I had a look at the gcc-2.8.1 distribution, there was a
configure.bat that looked like it was supposed to be used on
WindowsNT, and in the configure script there is a host-rule for
i[34567]86-*-winnt3*) .
By the way: this seems to have disappeared in egcs.
What I'd like to know is:

     * What is this rule for? It seems to be WindowsNT 3.5, but will
       it work on WindowsNT 4.0 too? If so, how do I build it?
     * Is there any WindowsNT `native' support (with native, I mean
       without cygwin or mingw32).
     * Are there any plans in that direction?

Again my appologies for being somewhat offtopic, but this group seems
to be the best place to ask this.

Thanks for your attention,

       Ronald Pijnacker
       [email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".