Subject: Re: gcc and cross-compilers
From: [email-masked] (Kai Ruottu)

28 Apr 1998 17:30:31 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
To: [email-masked]

I wrote :
>  Here's some problems and bugs revealed when trying to build a 
> Linux-to-mingw32 compiler from the egcs-1.0.2 sources and using
> the Mumit's libs and headers :

 After fighting with all these problems, I first began to think too ;-)
"It cannot be this hard"... So, I checked that I really had installed
the Mumit's patches, as I remembered. But I hadn't even downloaded
them... Ok, it was the egcs-1.0.2 prerelease and the cygwin32 patches
(installed manually) I had done earlier... Must check if I have the 
prerelease as my 'Linux-to-cygwin32-egcs-1.0.2' still...

 Anyway, after installing the mingw32 patches (and removing the 'unlibsubdir'
things from the search paths, that I have always hated since removing them
from the cygwin32-sources), there weren't much troubles to get a Linux-to-
mingw32-egcs-1.0.2 cross-compiler. Thanks to Mumit for providing the patches!

 Regards, Kai

PS. I didn't revert the fixes for the headers... All but the mkdir() seems
Ok for me. But is it really true that mkdir() is like the one in Borland C
(only one parameter), and not like the UNIX-standard 'int mkdir(const char *, 
mode_t)' ?

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".