Subject: RE: Quitting windows and signals...
From: [email-masked] (Sergey Okhapkin)

28 Apr 1998 10:08:25 -0700
Message-ID: <01BD72BE.902BBC60.cygnus.gnu-win32@sos>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>,
        "'Keet / Foxbird'"
	 <[email-masked]>

Keet / Foxbird wrote:
>
> Is there any way to get a unix program to respond to quitting windows? Of
> course, writing a windows message handling routine in there could work, 
but
> does it throw up any kind of SIGNAL when windows quits/restarts? If not,
> would it make sense to put one in there (perhaps make it like another 
unix
> equiv.)? Thanks in advance for the help..

Cygwin maps CTRL_C_EVENT and CTRL_BREAK_EVENT into SIGINT, CTRL_CLOSE_EVENT 
and CTRL_SHUTDOWN_EVENT - into SIGHUP, and ignores CTRL_LOGOFF_EVENT. This 
works fine on NT. W95 have a bug - it doesn't raises 
CTRL_CLOSE/SHUTDOWN/LOGOF events.

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Moscow, Russia

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".