Subject: Re: B19: gdb problem
From: [email-masked] (Gilbert W. Pilz Jr)

27 Apr 1998 22:25:11 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

At 05:05 AM 4/27/98 -0700, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>change this to:
>LIBS = -lc
>
>It is a known problem that adding -lcygwin and -lkernel32 will cause
>this problem.

This leads to undefined references as in:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------
ld -o loopy.exe //I/Cygnus/B19/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/lib/crt0.o
main.o p
rofile.o  -lc
//I/Cygnus/B19/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/lib/crt0.o(.text+0x36):crt0.c:
unde
fined reference to `cygwin_crt0'
main.o: In function `inner_loop':
/contracts/dascom_webseat/main.c:19: undefined reference to `time'
main.o: In function `main':
/contracts/dascom_webseat/main.c:43: undefined reference to `__main'
/cygnus/b19/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/lib/libc.a(exit.o)(.text+0x40):exi
t.c:
 undefined reference to `_exit'
/cygnus/b19/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/lib/libc.a(mallocr.o)(.text+0x30):
mall
ocr.c: undefined reference to `sysconf'
/cygnus/b19/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/lib/libc.a(freer.o)(.text+0x234):m
allo
cr.c: undefined reference to `sysconf'
/cygnus/b19/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/lib/libc.a(timer.o)(.text+0x8):tim
er.c
: undefined reference to `_times'
/cygnus/b19/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/lib/libc.a(timer.o)(.text+0x26):ti
mer.
c: undefined reference to `_gettimeofday'
/cygnus/b19/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/lib/libc.a(sbrkr.o)(.text+0x12):sb
rkr.
c: undefined reference to `_sbrk'
/cygnus/b19/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/lib/libc.a(readr.o)(.text+0x1a):re
adr.
c: undefined reference to `_read'
/cygnus/b19/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/lib/libc.a(lseekr.o)(.text+0x1a):l
seek
r.c: undefined reference to `_lseek'
/cygnus/b19/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/lib/libc.a(writer.o)(.text+0x1a):w
rite
r.c: undefined reference to `_write'
/cygnus/b19/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/lib/libc.a(closer.o)(.text+0x12):c
lose
r.c: undefined reference to `_close'
/cygnus/b19/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/lib/libc.a(fstatr.o)(.text+0x16):f
stat
r.c: undefined reference to `_fstat'
/cygnus/b19/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/lib/libc.a(sysfstat.o)(.text+0xc):
sysf
stat.c: undefined reference to `_fstat'
make: *** [loopy.exe] Error 1
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------

Any other suggestions ?

Gilbert W. Pilz Jr.
Systems Software Consultant
[email-masked]
www.scruz.net/~gwpilz/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".