Subject: RE: UK English keyboard problem
From: [email-masked] (Zow Terry Brugger)

27 Apr 1998 20:07:09 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>,
        GNU win32 mailing list <[email-masked]>

Does the English keyboard use the Alt-Gr sequences (if you don't know what 
those are, then the answer is no). As far as I knew, the English keyboard 
is the same as the American keyboard with some of the symbols changed (like 
the Pound instead of the Hash). If that is the case, your problem is 
separate from that of the other European users. Where does the '|' reside 
on your keyboard?
I don't have any quick answers, especially as I haven't delve too much into 
the cdk source yet, but I've delt with the internationalization of one of 
our companies products, so at least I can hopefully narrow down where your 
problem resides.
Have any of the other English/British users out there had problems with the 
pipe character?

Terry

-----Original Message-----
From:	Albert Koelmans
Sent:	Friday, April 24, 1998 3:24 AM
To:	GNU win32 mailing list
Subject:	UK English keyboard problem

I posted a query about this recently without much success. I hope someone 
can
help.

Bash does not recognise the | symbol on my UK English keyboard - it just
bleeps. All the other symbols are ok. As you can imagine, this is a major
nuisance.

Judging by some old messages on the list, people with Danish/Swedish
keyboards had similar problems - have these been sorted out?

I have the latest software installed (being new to this scene) and I am
running Windows 98. I hope someone can give advice on the matter.

Cheers

Albert
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".