Subject: Re: Strange file !!!!!!
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

27 Apr 1998 18:26:57 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked],
        Non Receipt Notification Requested <[email-masked]>

[email-masked] wrote:
>
>      
>      ***********************************************************
>      
>      Hi all,
>      
>      for a while am using cygnus win32 gcc,
>      a strange file named : Ea data. sf 
>      (yes yes with 2 spaces !)
>      
>      What is this strange file ??

This only happens on WinNT FAT.  This is an "Extended Attributes"
system file.  Geoffrey Noer has stated that 19.2 will have the option
of turning the use of this file on or off with the default be off.  I
don't know the scheduling of when to expect it.

There is no method to get rid of this file as yet.  To help control
the size of this file, use the file explorer/manager to delete the
files.  I have NT FAT also and I've noticed that the more you
create/delete the bigger it gets.  I've also noticed that using the
Win32 means of deletion instead of "rm" shrinks the file.

<snip>

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html (Colin Peters - Mingw32)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
ftp://ftp.hksys.com/pub/mirrors/EGCS-Win32/   (Jeremy Bettis - mirror)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)
http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/index_text.html  (Andy Piper - ports)
http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf     (Christopher Faylor - package ports)
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/       (German mirror)
http://www.dol.ru/users/valtul      (Valery Tulnikov - software ports)

Help for Win32 Beginners: 
 http://www.relisoft.com
 http://www.program.com/resources/win32.html

DISCLAIMER: These links or links from these pages to other sites do
not constitute an endorsement of any entities, advertisers, products 
or services therein. I am not responsible for and do not control or 
monitor the content of these sites or the accuracy of information 
found therein.

-------------------- IMPORTANT UPGRADE NOTICE ------------------------
You should get the following to update your cygwinb19 package:

Sergey Okhapkin's coolview package which contains an updated 
cygwinb19.dll.  (Yes, even if you've already downloaded the b19.1 
update from the Cygnus Site).

Mumit Khan's compilation of EGCS for the cygwinb19.dll; especially if 
your using the C++ compiler.  The current version of the compiler that 
comes with the tools have lots of problems that have been fixed with 
the EGCS version.  This is a drop-in replacement for the GCC toolset.

URL's are listed above.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".