Subject: Re: B19 corrupts NTFS???
From: [email-masked]

26 Apr 1998 05:10:38 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

>   Juha Jäykkä ([email-masked])
>   Mon, 20 Apr 1998 18:35:42 +0300
>       
>I have been experiencing a corrupt NTFS partition when running B19. It
>corrupts again in a week after I run chkdsk /f on it. This corruption has
>ONLY happened when I use b19 a lot and having refrained from using it for a
>couple of months ceased the corruption and corruption returned when I
>restarted using b19. This is really weird. Does anyone got an idea why this
>is happening? Workarounds?
>  BTW please cc your reply to me, I don't have time to dig through all the
>stuff going on on the list.
>
You didn't say what kind of a motherboard your computer uses.  There is a
well-known problem involving certain chipsets and PCI motherboards, and
Microshaft recently posted a Windows 95 upgrade that addresses the problem
of corrupting directories, and, I suppose, files as well.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".