Subject: Re: Win32s/mingw32
From: [email-masked]

24 Apr 1998 09:26:51 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

>   Peter Dalgaard BSA ([email-masked])
>   23 Apr 1998 11:09:18 +0200
>Gunther Ebert  writes:
>>
>> win32s doesn't support Win32 console programs. GUI programs that
>> were built with the mingw32 compiler should work fine if they don't
>> use anything that Win32s doesn't support (like multiple threads,
>> console). Look into the Win32 API docs to see which Win32 functions
>> are supported by Win32s and which are not.
>> I don't believe that the mingw32 compiler produces a wrong exe format,
>> the programs do even run under Windows95 :-)

win32s is still a 16-bit executable system, and the code for generating
loads and stores is different than under MINGW32 or CYGWIN32.  I'd be
surprised if you could get any kind of a gcc program to load under
win32s.
>
>#include
>int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,
>LPSTR lpCmdLine, int nCmdShow)
>{
>        MessageBox (NULL, "Hello Win32", "First App", MB_OK);
>return 0;
>}
>
>compiles, links and runs under W32, but gives an Invalid Format +
>"error 21" under win32s. Same thing compiled with RSXNT runs on both
>platforms. What gives?
>
>Hm. Has anyone tried this with a newer set of libraries/binutils than
>mine (I used the linux crosscompiler from Werner Koch)?
>
>Here's another clue:
>
>the RSXNT executable runs under WINE on Linux, but the mingw32 one
>dies with
>
>No handler for Win32 routine CRTDLL.107: _fpreset (called from 00401055)
>
That just means that Wine has a built-in crtdll.dll emulation, and
someone forgot to include a stub for _fpreset.  If you go to the Wine
source code and add such a stub, and there are no other problems, then
you ought to get mingw32 programs to load and run.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".