Subject: RE: Cygwin32 19.2 update planned
From: [email-masked] (Parker, Ron)

24 Apr 1998 04:21:35 -0700
Message-ID: <c=US%a=_%p=Butler_Manufactu%l=BUILDINGS/BLDGSHUB/[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="---- =_NextPart_000_01BD6EA9.4B8F41D0"
To: "John A. Turner" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

------ =_NextPart_000_01BD6EA9.4B8F41D0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Replacing gcc with egcs would constitute a major change.  Look for it 
in B20.  Most of the "point" releases have only included changes to 
winsup and occasionally newlib.

-----Original Message-----
From: John A. Turner [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Saturday, April 18, 1998 3:43 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Cygwin32 19.2 update planned

Geoffrey Noer writes:
 > As people have found out, upgrading to beta 19.1 is *not* a good 
idea
 > if you want to set the CYGWIN32 environment variable to change any
 > defaults.
 >
 > I am planning to make a 19.2 release that will definitely fix this
 > and hopefully a number of other problems that have been reported
 > since 19.1.  Ideally this will include fixing the readlink() bug 
that
 > RCS bumps into, NTEA will be turned off unless you want it on, 
etc...
 > Hopefully a couple of weeks is the timeframe.

and in another msg:

Geoffrey Noer writes:
 > Upgrade to egcs.  The C++ compiler in b19 is very broken.
 >
 > http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/egcs.html

Which brings up the question... wait for it... have you considered
releasing 19.2 with egcs?

--
John A. Turner                       mailto:[email-masked]
Senior Research Associate            http://www.blueskystudios.com
Blue Sky | VIFX                      http://www.vifx.com
One South Road, Harrison, NY 10528   http://www.lanl.gov/home/turner
Phone: 914-381-8400                  Fax: 914-381-9790/1

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".

------ =_NextPart_000_01BD6EA9.4B8F41D0
Content-Type: application/ms-tnef
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

------ =_NextPart_000_01BD6EA9.4B8F41D0--
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".