Subject: RE: cygwindevo.dll not a valid image.
From: [email-masked] (Parker, Ron)

24 Apr 1998 01:02:56 -0700
Message-ID: <c=US%a=_%p=Butler_Manufactu%l=BUILDINGS/BLDGSHUB/[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="---- =_NextPart_000_01BD6EA7.4A585A60"
To: Ian Collins <[email-masked]>,
        "'Gnu Mailing list'"
	 <[email-masked]>

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

------ =_NextPart_000_01BD6EA7.4A585A60
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Download and install binutils-2.9 before compiling.  This worked for 
me.  I have also heard that Mumit Kahn's egcs-1.0.2 for cygwin32 works 
as well.

ftp://prep.ai.mit.edu/binutils-2.9.tar.gz

or

http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Collins [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 1998 7:41 PM
To: 'Gnu Mailing list'
Subject: cygwindevo.dll not a valid image.

I have just managed to get winsup to compile with no errors
(using make all-target-winsup from src directory).

In the winsup directory I saw a new-cygwindevo.dll (of about 4Mb).
I then ran,

	make install-target-winsup, and it installed a cygwindevo.dll in
/usr/local/bin.

I then moved (using the NT cmd shell) cygwindevo.dll to
c:\winnt\system32\cygwinb19.dll

(I installed cygwinb19.dll in system32 as it overcame a problem I had
when starting the inetd service).

Now, when I start bash (for example but it could be any reliant
program), I get a modal dialog with title:

	"bash.exe: bad image"

and contents,

	"The application or DLL C:\WINNT\System32\cygwinb19.dll is not a
valid Windows NT image. Please check this against your installation
diskette."

I haven't stripped the dll or anything, and if I run it against a dll
dependancy program (like depends, for example), then it seems to 
think
it is a valid dll.

Help!!!!

Ian Collins.
KIWIPLAN NZ.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".

------ =_NextPart_000_01BD6EA7.4A585A60
Content-Type: application/ms-tnef
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

------ =_NextPart_000_01BD6EA7.4A585A60--
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".