Subject: Re: What part of Cygwin API code handles raw device access?
From: [email-masked] (Michael Weiser)

23 Apr 1998 21:15:26 -0700
Message-ID: <3540962d.698864.cygnus.gnu-win32@mail>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi MetcalJM,

You wrote:

>Finally, if somebody knows of a 16-bit DOS utility that does
>what I'm looking to write, please let me know.  Why should
>I re-invent the wheel?
Perhaps you will find such a tool in the GNUish Project which was
specially founded to port GNU software to DOS. I found the archives on

ftp://ftp.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/pub/comp/os/dos/gnuish/
ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/gnu/gnuish/

Another possible source is the Virtually UN*X! page on
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/

bye

Michael
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".