Subject: Re: What part of Cygwin API code handles raw device access?
From: [email-masked] (Richard H. Gumpertz)

23 Apr 1998 18:39:21 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

> I'm interested in writing an MSDOS 16-bit tool that behaves
> exactly like the UNIX dd, and has access to raw devices
> (both floppy and hard disk).  I imagine that I might be able
> to adapt some of the 32-bit Cygwin32 code, or at least learn
> from it.  If somebody could point me to the right portion of
> the cygwin32 b-19.1 code that handles the /dev/fd0 raw 
> device access, I would be very grateful.  

If money is not a major issue, the MKS toolkit for DOS includes exactly what
you are looking for...

-- 
 ==========================================================================
 | Richard H. Gumpertz, PhD        VOICE:(913) 642-1777 or (913) 534-5062 |
 | Computer Problem Solving        FAX:  (913) 752-6615 or (913) 642-8777 |
 | 4518 West 89th Street, Suite 220                                       |
 | Prairie Village, KS 66207-2293                     E-MAIL: [email-masked] |
 ==========================================================================
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".