Subject: gcc for WinCE
From: [email-masked] (Kai Ruottu)

23 Apr 1998 13:38:29 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
To: [email-masked]

On comp.arch.embedded, Wed, 15 Apr 1998 05:56:07 GMT, 
[email-masked] (Ken Lee) wrote:

>There is a GNU based development kit for  PalmPilot applications for
>its PalmOS. I was wondering if there was available a similar kit for
>Windows CE for the SH-3.
>
>Does any know of any such animal?

 This same question came also into my mind...

 As I have understood it, the WinCE is a subset of Win32...  So, has
anybody thought if could be use the Cygwin32/Mingw32 sources as a base
for a WinCE-target development system?

 GCC has support for SH-3, ARM, etc. processors used in the WinCE machines,
but what are the problems?  I thought Cygnus would be interested, being a
lot a embedded-oriented company...

 Cheers, Kai
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".