Subject: What part of Cygwin API code handles raw device access?
From: [email-masked]

22 Apr 1998 18:36:25 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

I'm interested in writing an MSDOS 16-bit tool that behaves
exactly like the UNIX dd, and has access to raw devices
(both floppy and hard disk).  I imagine that I might be able
to adapt some of the 32-bit Cygwin32 code, or at least learn
from it.  If somebody could point me to the right portion of
the cygwin32 b-19.1 code that handles the /dev/fd0 raw 
device access, I would be very grateful.  

Incidentally, I have done a moderate search of the FAQ and
mailing list archives and found no mention of where to find
this code, or if the current cygwin32 b-19.1 code has raw
device access to harddisks as well as floppy disks.

Finally, if somebody knows of a 16-bit DOS utility that does
what I'm looking to write, please let me know.  Why should
I re-invent the wheel?

Thanks,

JM
> -------------
> Jeffrey M. Metcalf
> United Technologies Research Center
> [email-masked]
> (860) 610-7576
> 
> 
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".