Subject: B19+update 1: random win95 lockups
From: [email-masked] (Ric Anderson)

22 Apr 1998 06:18:43 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

I find win95 lockups still occur with great frequency even after
installing b19 update 1.
Control-C'ing a running process (like ls -R) will always lock the
system.  Sometimes
a simple typo in bash (like "vf path" instead of  "cd path") will lock
up the system.  I've
waited up to 5 minutes for win95 to come back, but it doesn't.  The
mouse still moves,
but clicks and keyboard input do nothing.  Control-Alt-Del gets the
"blue screen"
with the choice of waiting or repeating C-A-D to reboot.

This is retail win 95 + service pack 1 + year 2000 fix running on a DFI
Landmarq
system (DFI motherboard, pentium 166, 512kb pipeline cache, 64mb
memory).

Cheers,
Ric Anderson ([email-masked])

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".