Subject: Emacs running on a console
From: [email-masked] (Walter Garcia-Fontes)

22 Apr 1998 01:45:56 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------8A6B0D2CC4A2F82AEC41F436"
To: Gnuwin32 <[email-masked]>

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------8A6B0D2CC4A2F82AEC41F436
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi,

My setup: NT 4.0 SP3 on FAT, Cygwin b.19.1, coolview, Ohapkin
remote tools.

NT Emacs 19.34.6

Problem: How to run emacs on a console and from telnet sessions.

I am able to run emacs on a CMD console, but  I can't run it from
a bash console. Also if I start bash and then cmd within bash, I
can't run emacs -nw. The message is

emacs -nw try
emacs: standard input is not a tty

Anybody knows a workaround for this?

Thanks,
Walter Garcia-Fontes.

--------------8A6B0D2CC4A2F82AEC41F436
Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="vcard.vcf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Description: Card for Walter  <B> Garcia-Fontes </B>
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="vcard.vcf"

begin:          vcard
fn:             Walter  <B> Garcia-Fontes </B>
n:              <B> Garcia-Fontes </B>;Walter 
org:            <EM> Departament d'Economia  -  Universitat Pompeu Fabra </em>
adr:            <A HREF="http://www.econ.upf.es"> http://www.econ.upf.es </A>;;Ramon Trias Fargas 25-27;Barcelona;;08005;Spain
email;internet: [email-masked]
title:          <A HREF="http://puna.upf.es"> http://puna.upf.es</A>
tel;work:       +34 3 542 27 22
tel;fax:        +34 3 542 1746
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard

--------------8A6B0D2CC4A2F82AEC41F436--

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".