Subject: CVS and B19
From: [email-masked] (Joop van de Wege)

21 Apr 1998 23:28:07 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

I would like to setup a CVS server on an NT4 sp3 computer using B19 with
coolview but I'm unable to get the cvs server to accept my passwords.
I think I'm overlooking something very simple but I just can't find it.

I downloaded cvs-1.9.26.tar.gz from www.cyclic.com, got coolview +
remote.tar.gz, libcrypt, crypt.exe and patches to run cvs without inetd
and add extra logging.
All compiles well, runs but when I try to login with cvs login I can
enter a, the password but I always recieve the message  'authorization
failed: server abc rejected acess'.

Looking with some file snoop utilities I see that /etc/passwd is parsed

Could someone tell me the exact steps to get a cvs server running using
B19?
Things like /etc/passwd, use of crypt, where to place the output of it,
commandline examples, anything that will help

Thanks,

Joop

----
Joop van de Wege ([email-masked])
Mobile Computing Consultants
+31 (0) 318 553292

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".