Subject: Re: b19 make (& tar) broken?
From: [email-masked] (Christopher Faylor)

21 Apr 1998 03:56:17 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

>From: "Geoff Hart" <[email-masked]>
>Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 16:35:38 -0500
>
>I have a possibly related problem with b19.1 + Sergey's cygwinb19.dll:
>
>ARCH3:/inetpub/ftproot$ ll usertools-man_tar.gz
>ARCH3:/inetpub/ftproot$ tar ztf usertools-man_tar.gz
>(c:\usr\bin\tar.exe 1036) Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
>(c:\usr\bin\tar.exe 1036) Dumping stack trace to tar.exe.core
>-rw-r--r--   1 544      Domain U   694011 Apr 16 14:41 usertools-man_tar.gz
>ARCH3:/inetpub/ftproot$ gzip -d <usertools-man_tar.gz|tar tf -
>usertools-man/
>usertools-man/man/
>usertools-man/man/man1/
>usertools-man/man/man1/fold.1
>usertools-man/man/man1/bash.1
>usertools-man/man/man1/bashbug.1
>....
>
>/bin/sh.exe is already /bin/bash.exe

I considered the previous problem with "make" a potential /bin/sh problem
because make uses /bin/sh heavily.  Tar's usage of /bin/sh is minimal at
best, so I doubt that the two are related.

cgf
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".