Subject: Re: B19: gdb on NT - cannot hit breakpoints on other threads
From: [email-masked] (Gilbert W. Pilz Jr)

21 Apr 1998 03:47:40 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

At 09:00 AM 4/19/98 -0700, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>The cygwinb19.dll is not Thread Safe.  If you wish to use thread you
>need to go get the Mingw32 gcc compiler which uses the native
>CRTDLL.DLL which is thread safe.  You can find the Mingw32 gcc
>compiler via Colin Peters' page.  URL is listed below.

Thanks for the response, but this doesn't really answer my question. My
test program doesn't call any of the Cygwin c-runtime calls from the child
thread. The start routine of the child thread is a null routine that does
nothing but return, yet I still cannot successfully stop at a breakpoint
set on that routine. I get a SIGTRAP exception (which makes sense, since
this is probably how breakpoints are implemented - yet it doesn't seem to
be handled correctly). When I continue from the SIGTRAP exception I get a
segmentation violation. The important thing to note is that this program
runs without problems if I don't try to put a breakpoint on the child start
routine.

Gilbert W. Pilz Jr.
Systems Software Consultant
[email-masked]
www.scruz.net/~gwpilz/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".