Subject: Newlib compilation
From: [email-masked] (Ian Collins)

19 Apr 1998 06:11:22 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: gnuwin32 <[email-masked]>

Why can't I get newlib (from the ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnuwin32/latest
cdk-src.tar) to compile?
I am trying to create a cygwin.dll, and it appears that newlib is a
dependant of winsup so tries to make it.

So far, while trying to make winsup (using make all-target-winsup in src
directory), all of my problems have been with making newlib. These are,

1. No configure file in newlib directory (so I downloaded newlib-1.8.0
from ftp.cygnus.com and stole it from there. The src makefile was then
able to create the newlib makefiles and continue).

2. limits.h wouldn't compile (this was documented as a problem in the
mailing list, which I overcame).

3. src/newlib/libc/stdlib/mallocr.c couldn't find <sys/mman.h> (Looking
through mallocr.c, I noticed that this wasn't supported in WIN32, so I
commented it out).

4. mallocr.c still won't compile as sbrk is multiply defined.

At this point, I thought that I'd ask. What have I done wrong? Surely
others have managed to get newlib to compile from latest/cdk-src.tar (or
have they?). Am I missing something intrinsic here?

I extracted the cdk-src file,

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".