Subject: Re: Cygwin32 19.2 update planned
From: [email-masked] (John A. Turner)

18 Apr 1998 15:31:46 -0700
Message-ID: <13625.3927.990000.656394.cygnus.gnu-win32@STRAT>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Geoffrey Noer writes:
 > As people have found out, upgrading to beta 19.1 is *not* a good idea
 > if you want to set the CYGWIN32 environment variable to change any
 > defaults.
 > 
 > I am planning to make a 19.2 release that will definitely fix this
 > and hopefully a number of other problems that have been reported
 > since 19.1.  Ideally this will include fixing the readlink() bug that
 > RCS bumps into, NTEA will be turned off unless you want it on, etc...
 > Hopefully a couple of weeks is the timeframe.

and in another msg:

Geoffrey Noer writes:
 > Upgrade to egcs.  The C++ compiler in b19 is very broken.
 > 
 > http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/egcs.html

Which brings up the question... wait for it... have you considered
releasing 19.2 with egcs?

-- 
John A. Turner                       mailto:[email-masked]
Senior Research Associate            http://www.blueskystudios.com
Blue Sky | VIFX                      http://www.vifx.com
One South Road, Harrison, NY 10528   http://www.lanl.gov/home/turner
Phone: 914-381-8400                  Fax: 914-381-9790/1

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".