Subject: Re: reboot, anyone?
From: [email-masked] (Harold Sinclair)

18 Apr 1998 06:29:12 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Arlindo da Silva <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

You might try this...

Run over to www.p1.com and get a demo copy of Phantom for Windows
(requires a little practice to learn, but not really much). Then install
reskit for NT (if you already haven't), and look at shutgui. 

With Phantom, you can schedule a job to just login into a machine (NT
server) w/a net use command at the NT shell, and then run shutgui. The
clicking will be done for you with Phantom. It's just a script. You can
reboot remote machines.

You don't need to involve telnet or Cyg. bash. But you do need to be
administrator. NT also has a 'shutdown' command but of course it's
crippled. Shutgui works well on remote servers. I used it a lot managing
500+ NT servers here in NYC for Smith Barney.

Good Luck,
-Harold

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, Arlindo da Silva wrote:

> Hi,
> 
>    I'm looking for a command line, no questions asked, "reboot" utility for
> NT.  I'd like to be able to reboot my NT box remotely from a telnet shell.
>    
>    It is important that it skips the dialog box as I won't be there to click
> the "OK" button.  Can this be done?
> 
>       Thanks.
> 
> -- 
> Arlindo da Silva    
> [email-masked]
> 
> -
> For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
> "[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
> 

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".