Subject: how to force pipes into binary mode?
From: [email-masked] (Frank Baumgart)

18 Apr 1998 05:37:50 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

Having a workaround for the missing serial interface handling capability
of cygwin32 now by having written a getty-like handler (mixing Win32 API
and cygwin32) for my application I had to discover that pipes are opened
in text-mode, not only in bash but generally despite
CYGWIN32=tty,binmode.

So, how do I force my pipes which have been created with pipe() to work
in binary mode?

Or better: are there any patches or even cygwin32.dll available working
in binary mode generally? (pipes doing text-mode translation is so
stupid!)

My setup: pl19 with Sergey's latest coolview (dl'ed 17th of april), NT
4.0 SP3. The ChangeLog of winsup-980414.tar.bz2 does not show any
improvements regarding this topic.

Frank
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".