Subject: RE: forwarded message from Mail Delivery Subsystem
From: [email-masked]

18 Apr 1998 04:45:58 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Hi David, you wrote:

: I'm getting messages like this occasionally when I fetchmail my
: messages to my home machine.  There doesn't seem to be a mail loop, I
: think the problem is that there actually are too many hops.

I got them, too. Actually there was a mail loop at easynet, shown by
the Received: headers, which hit the hop limit on the 5th turn.

I got some of the 385 messages that piled up over Easter once as the
original from the mailing list, a second directly sent from easynet,
then up to 4 looped copies, and finally the error message, for a
annoying total of up to 6 (!) useless mails per original!

Bye, Heribert ([email-masked])
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".