Subject: B19: compiling using g++ with #include <string>
From: [email-masked] (Dave Dash)

17 Apr 1998 09:47:09 -0700
Message-ID: <001e01bd6932$aab5e2d0$0100005a.cygnus.gnu-win32@ultra>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

For some reason I cannot compile any code with #include <string> (this does
compile under suns and other UNIX systems).

I know very little about how the standard C++ files work, but I noticed that
string on this system is different from the suns string and std/string.

This is what I get:

bash-2.01$ g++ -v a.cpp
Reading specs from
C:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\2.7-B19\specs
gcc driver version 2.7-B19 executing gcc version 2.7-97r2aBeta

C:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\2.7-B19\cpp.exe -lan
g-c++ -v -iprefix C:\Cy
gnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\2.7-B19\ -undef -D__GNUC_
_=2 -D__GNUG__=2 -D__cpl
usplus -D__GNUC_MINOR__=7 -Di386 -D_WIN32 -D__CYGWIN32__ -DWINNT -D_X86_=1 -
D__STDC__=1 -D__stdcall=
__attribute__((__stdcall__)) -D__cdecl=__attribute__((__cdecl__)) -D__i386__
 -D_WIN32 -D__CYGWIN32__
 -D__WINNT__ -D_X86_=1 -D__STDC__=1 -D__stdcall=__attribute__((__stdcall__))
 -D__cdecl=__attribute__
((__cdecl__)) -D__i386 -D__WINNT -Asystem(winnt) -Acpu(i386) -Amachine(i386)
 -D__EXCEPTIONS -Di386 -
Asystem(unix) -Acpu(i386) -Amachine(i386) -D__i386__ -Asystem(unix) -Acpu(i3
86) -Amachine(i386) a.cp
p C:\TEMP\cc001055.ii
GNU CPP version 2.7-B19 (80386, BSD syntax)
#include "..." search starts here:
#include <...> search starts here:

C:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\2.7-B19\../../../../
.../include/g++

C:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\2.7-B19\../../../../
.../include

C:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\2.7-B19\../../../../
i386-cygwin32/include
 C:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\2.7-B19\include

/cygnus/b19/H-i386-cygwin32/lib/gcc-lib/i386-cygwin32/2.7-B19/../../../../..
/include/g++

/cygnus/b19/H-i386-cygwin32/lib/gcc-lib/i386-cygwin32/2.7-B19/../../../../..
/include

/cygnus/b19/H-i386-cygwin32/lib/gcc-lib/i386-cygwin32/2.7-B19/../../../../i3
86-cygwin32/include
 /cygnus/b19/H-i386-cygwin32/lib/gcc-lib/i386-cygwin32/2.7-B19/include
End of search list.
 C:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\2.7-B19\cc1plus.exe
C:\TEMP\cc001055.ii -qu
iet -dumpbase a.cc -version -o C:\TEMP\cc001055.s
GNU C++ version 2.7-B19 (i386-cygwin32) compiled by GNU C version
2.7-97r2aBeta.

C:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\2.7-B19\../../../../
i386-cygwin32\bin\as.ex
e -o C:\TEMP\cc0010551.o C:\TEMP\cc001055.s

C:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\2.7-B19\../../../../
i386-cygwin32\bin\ld.ex
e
C:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\2.7-B19\../../../../
i386-cygwin32\lib\crt0
..o -LC:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\2.7-B19 -LC:\Cy
gnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32
\lib\gcc-lib -L/cygnus/b19/H-i386-cygwin32/lib/gcc-lib/i386-cygwin32\2.7-B19
 -LC:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-
cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\2.7-B19\../../../../i386-cygwin32\lib -L/
cygnus/b19/H-i386-cygwin
32/lib/gcc-lib/i386-cygwin32\2.7-B19\../../../../i386-cygwin32\lib -LC:\Cygn
us\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\l
ib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\2.7-B19\../../..
C:\TEMP\cc0010551.o -lstdc++ -lm -lgcc -lcygwin -lkernel32
 -lgcc
C:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\2.7-B19\../../../lib
stdc++.a(cstrmain.o): In
 function `$_t12basic_string2ZcZt18string_char_traits1Zc':
/home/noer/src/97r2/devo/libstdc++/std/bastring.h:163: multiple definition
of `basic_string<char, st
ring_char_traits<char> >::~basic_string(void)'
C:\TEMP\cc0010551.o(.text$_$_t12basic_string2ZcZt18string_char_traits1Zc+0x0
):a.cc: first defined he
re
C:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\2.7-B19\../../../lib
stdc++.a(cstrmain.o): In
 function `_t12basic_string2ZcZt18string_char_traits1Zc':
/home/noer/src/97r2/devo/libstdc++/std/bastring.h:144: multiple definition
of `basic_string<char, st
ring_char_traits<char> >::basic_string(void)'
C:\TEMP\cc0010551.o(.text$__t12basic_string2ZcZt18string_char_traits1Zc+0x0)
:a.cc: first defined her
e
C:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\2.7-B19\../../../lib
stdc++.a(cstrmain.o): In
 function `basic_string<char, string_char_traits<char> >::Rep::grab(void)':
/home/noer/src/97r2/devo/libstdc++/std/bastring.h:71: multiple definition of
`basic_string<char, str
ing_char_traits<char> >::Rep::grab(void)'
C:\TEMP\cc0010551.o(.text$grab__Q2t12basic_string2ZcZt18string_char_traits1Z
c3Rep+0x0):a.cc: first d
efined here
C:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\2.7-B19\../../../lib
stdc++.a(cstrmain.o): In
 function `basic_string<char, string_char_traits<char> >::Rep::data(void)':
/home/noer/src/97r2/devo/libstdc++/std/bastring.h:69: multiple definition of
`basic_string<char, str
ing_char_traits<char> >::Rep::data(void)'
C:\TEMP\cc0010551.o(.text$data__Q2t12basic_string2ZcZt18string_char_traits1Z
c3Rep+0x0):a.cc: first d
efined here
C:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\2.7-B19\../../../lib
stdc++.a(cstrmain.o): In
 function `basic_string<char, string_char_traits<char>
>::Rep::release(void)':
/home/noer/src/97r2/devo/libstdc++/std/bastring.h:72: multiple definition of
`basic_string<char, str
ing_char_traits<char> >::Rep::release(void)'
C:\TEMP\cc0010551.o(.text$release__Q2t12basic_string2ZcZt18string_char_trait
s1Zc3Rep+0x0):a.cc: firs
t defined here
C:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\2.7-B19\../../../lib
stdc++.a(cstrmain.o): In
 function `basic_string<char, string_char_traits<char> >::rep(void) const':
/home/noer/src/97r2/devo/libstdc++/std/bastring.h:120: multiple definition
of `basic_string<char, st
ring_char_traits<char> >::rep(void) const'
C:\TEMP\cc0010551.o(.text$rep__Ct12basic_string2ZcZt18string_char_traits1Zc+
0x0):a.cc: first defined
 here

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".