Subject: Re: An NFS Server for Gnu-win32
From: [email-masked] (Larry Hall)

17 Apr 1998 02:38:01 -0700
Sender: [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <C1A9DAABC292D111A4D90000F879A2BA0EFD@NTMAIL>
To: Ian Collins <[email-masked]>,
        "'Gnu Mailing list'" <[email-masked]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/enriched; charset="us-ascii"

At 09:25 AM 4/16/98 +1200, Ian Collins wrote:

>Has anyone heard of a NFS port to gnu-win32?

>I want to be able to mount my gnu-win32 filesystems on a Unix machine

>(unfortunately, Samba doesn't work both ways).

>

>Ian Collins. 

>KIWIPLAN NZ.

>

>

Check out <fontfamily><param>Courier
New</param>http://www.truegrid.com/nfs.html.  Its an NT/95 NFS server and
is

free!  It works reasonably well, although there can be some twiddling 

necessary to work-around the occasional permissions problems.  Its not

source and doesn't understand cygwin32 conventions but other than
loosing

symbolic link functionality, this seems to be of little consequence. 
I've

been using it for a few months now to mount NTFS and FAT disks to Suns
without

difficulty...

</fontfamily>

Larry Hall                              [email-masked]

RFK Partners, Inc.                      (781) 239-1053

8 Grove Street                          (781) 239-1655 - FAX

Wellesley, MA  02181                    http://www.rfk.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".