Subject: Re: An NFS Server for Gnu-win32
From: [email-masked] (Nicholas R LeRoy)

17 Apr 1998 02:37:58 -0700
Sender: [email-masked]
Message-ID: <9804160853.ZM19387.cygnus.gnu-win32@dopey>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: Ian Collins <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

On Apr 16,  9:25am, Ian Collins wrote:
> Subject: An NFS Server for Gnu-win32
> Has anyone heard of a NFS port to gnu-win32?
> I want to be able to mount my gnu-win32 filesystems on a Unix machine
> (unfortunately, Samba doesn't work both ways).

It does for Linux boxes...  The Linux kernel has built in SMB support
for mounting SMB shares.  It seems to work quite well, too.

Just my $.02 worth.

-Nick

-- 
+-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------+
| /`--_   Nicholas R LeRoy      | In a world without fences, Who needs Gates?|
|{     }/ Norland Corporation   |        ---- Experience Linux! ----         |
| \ *  / W6340 Hackbarth Rd     | http://www.linux.org | http://www.ssc.com  |
| |___| Fort Atkinson, WI 53538 +--------------------------------------------+
|      [email-masked]   | #include <disclaimer.h>                    |
|http://www.norland.com/~nleroy | These are my own ideas, not my employer's. |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".