Subject: RE: Small request...
From: [email-masked] (Jimen Ching)

16 Apr 1998 09:06:31 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

On Wednesday, April 15, 1998 3:41 AM, Earnie Boyd [SMTP:[email-masked]] 
wrote:
> Subject: This is my test subject.
> Subject: [gnuwin32] This is my test subject.
> Subject: Re: [gnuwin32] This is my test subject.
> Subject: [gnuwin32] Re: [gnuwin32] This is my test subject.
> Subject: Re: [gnuwin32] Re: [gnuwin32] This is my test subject.
> Subject: [gnuwin32] Re: [gnuwin32] Re:[gnuwin32] This is my test
> subject.
> I hope this is enough to convince you that you don't want to "bung up"
> the subject line.  Also the subject line is one of the conditions for
> controlling "threading".

I am on the TWIN developer's mailing list and it uses this type of
subject 'bunging'.  Though I've seen it occur, it doesn't always do
that.  Thus, I assumed this was a problem with the mail reader program
and not the mailing list software.  Btw, the 1st, 3rd, and 5th lines
do not occur.  When you receive the mail from the mailing list, the
[gnuwin32] is prepended to the entire subject line.  Thus you shouldn't
see "Re: [gnuwin32] This is my test subject."  If you are seeing this,
then there's something wrong with your mail reader program.  Which
program are you using anyway?  I don't have this problem with PINE.

If someone could explain to me how the above occurs, then it would
be a technical problem, and I'll agree it could cause problems.  But
I don't see this problem happening.

--jc

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".