Subject: Re: Speeding up gnu-win32 [was:] Re: Small request...
From: [email-masked]

16 Apr 1998 07:33:06 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

Hi Michael, you wrote:

: [[email-masked]] wrote:
: >I suggest reducing transatlantic traffic by delegating part of the
: >subscription list to an european mailinglist exploder.

: Uhm, don't know, what exactly this might be, but if this is something,
: which would really speedup this list, I would ask, if we could do that
: job.

Geoffrey, could you please provide a list counting the number of
subscribers in each toplevel domain? (like 1234 *.de, 567 *.fr ...)

Then, if it's worth the effort, extract the complete list of european
subscribers, remove them at cygnus, and instead it sends to a single
address like gnuwin-32-exploder@???.franken.de (which will reject mail
other than from cygnus) and serve to the whole european sublist.
Automatic (un)subscribtion would complicate things...

Bye, Heribert ([email-masked])
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".