Subject: Re: List problems again (duplicates)?
From: [email-masked]

16 Apr 1998 03:36:42 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Hi Geoffrey, you wrote:

: Also, please send me mail if you know why this sort of thing happens.
: Is it because of lame mailers, bad mail configurations at the
: user/sysadmin level, what?  This has happened a number of times but I
: still don't know why it happens.

Could have a lot of causes...
I already suggested at least twice: The only safe way to prevent this
is your majordomo checking all the "Received:" header lines for itself
and break the mail loop there (and maybe send you an alert mail, so you
can manually unsubscribe the offender; automating this is complicated)!
IIRC the loopers haven't mangled the "Received:" lines so far...

Bye, Heribert ([email-masked])
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".