Subject: Re: X server? telnet? rlogin?
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

15 Apr 1998 07:24:59 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Hi Dmitrii,

The mail archives now has a search engine.  Your answer is within the
mail archives.  Please search them.  If you don't have it the mail
archive URL is listed below.

---"Manin, Dmitrii" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Please excuse me if this is a silly or obvious question.
> 
> I downloaded precompiled X11R6.3 from Andy Piper's site 
> (ftp://ftp.parallax.co.uk/pub/andyp/x11.tar.gz), and I couldn't find
> an X server in the package. That is, when an exceed server is running
> on my machine (NT 4.0 workstation), xlogo starts fine from a bash
shell,
> but when I try xinit without exceed server running, it wants me to
point
> it to an X server (with exceed running, twm complains that there's 
> already a window manager, which is correct, I suppose!) 
> 
> The question is: is there an X server for win32, is it included in X11
> distribution, and if not, where can I get one? 
> 
> Another problem I have is that xterm (from X11 distribution above)
wouldn't 
> run, even if exceed is running: xterm says 
> 
> 	Failed to open input method
> 	xterm:  unable to find usable termcap entry
> 
> Finally, a totally unrelated question: there's no telnet or rlogin
client in
> 
> b19 -- why, and where can I get one?
> 
> Thanks a lot
> 
> - M

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)
http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/index_text.html  (Andy Piper - ports)
http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf     (Christopher Faylor - package ports)
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/       (German mirror)
http://www.dol.ru/users/valtul      (Valery Tulnikov - software ports)

Help for Win32 Beginners: 
 http://www.relisoft.com
 http://www.program.com/resources/win32.html

DISCLAIMER: These links or links from these pages to other sites do
not constitute an endorsement of any entities, advertisers, products 
or services therein. I am not responsible for and do not control or 
monitor the content of these sites or the accuracy of information 
found therein.

_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".