Subject: Re: X server? telnet? rlogin?
From: [email-masked] (Peter Dalgaard BSA)

15 Apr 1998 07:14:52 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <23AE7DA9B3A9D11197CC00A0C99D758F2F5630@ca-exchange3>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: Text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

"Manin, Dmitrii" <[email-masked]> writes:

> The question is: is there an X server for win32, is it included in X11
> distribution, and if not, where can I get one? 

There are some pointers on the Gnuwin32 web pages. Look at any post
from Earnie to see the URLs...

However, people may want to take a look at http://www.orl.co.uk/vnc/
This is a gadget that can transfer entire desktops, X or Windoze
or..., across a network. In the context of X, it runs with a generic
bitmap "vncserver" and a viewer that can connect from anyware. And:
it's GPL'ed! I wouldn't expect too much difficulty in porting the
vncserver to gnuwin32, considering the stunts people on this list are
regularly performing with other programs. Then you could just run the
Win32 viewer connected to localhost.

-- 
   O__  ---- Peter Dalgaard             Blegdamsvej 3  
  c/ /'_ --- Dept. of Biostatistics     2200 Cph. N   
 (*) \(*) -- University of Copenhagen   Denmark      Ph: (+45) 35327918
~~~~~~~~~~ - ([email-masked])             FAX: (+45) 35327907

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".