Subject: More on Plotutils 2.0
From: [email-masked] (William M. Mullins)

14 Apr 1998 21:14:04 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "\"[email-masked]\"" <[email-masked]>

Again: NT4 sp3  cygwinb19.1  using egcs1.0.2 and gas980303 X11R6.3 from
da Silva for b19/egcs1.0.2

Plotutils 2.0 compiles with minor difficulties, crashes when plotting to
X.  Appears to have worked with b18 and coolview.

Using gdb, I have isolated the problem to a call to fork (specifically
x_closepl.c line 41)

  forkval = fork();
<------ causes SIGINT and/or other errors
  if ((int)forkval > 0)  /* parent */

the return from fork (the only reference to fork in the whole code) is a
value of the order of 1111, with a SIGINT or other type of error.

Is this a problem with fork?  If so, is there a work-around?  How does
this effect the operation of other codes?  It appears related to some
other fork-related problems being reported.

W. M. Mullins

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".