Subject: B19 make under win95
From: [email-masked] (Rutten, Mark)

14 Apr 1998 02:26:33 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: "'gnu-win32'" <[email-masked]>

I'm using the cygwin-32 b19 version of make. I'm guessing that the
standard usage is with bash, but I've been using it from the MSDOS
command line. I've successfully used this configuration under NT4.0 and
expected the same to happen under win95 BUT I've had problems.

I have a line like the following ...

set_host:
	@cut -c3- first_file.dat > second_file.dat

which has no problems whatsoever under NT4.0, but gives me a "Bad
command or file name" in Win95. It works if I take away ">
second_file.dat", but that doesn't really do what I want! I have
resorted to using the DJGPP version of make for the Win95 compilations,
which seems to cope OK, but doesn't seem to work on my NT box. It would
be nice to have a procedure (including the software that's used) which
is identical under both NT and Win95.

Can anybody help me? Please?

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".