Subject: X server? telnet? rlogin?
From: [email-masked] (Manin, Dmitrii)

13 Apr 1998 18:00:09 -0700
Message-ID: <23AE7DA9B3A9D11197CC00A0C99D758F2F5630.cygnus.gnu-win32@ca-exchange3>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

Please excuse me if this is a silly or obvious question.

I downloaded precompiled X11R6.3 from Andy Piper's site 
(ftp://ftp.parallax.co.uk/pub/andyp/x11.tar.gz), and I couldn't find
an X server in the package. That is, when an exceed server is running
on my machine (NT 4.0 workstation), xlogo starts fine from a bash shell,
but when I try xinit without exceed server running, it wants me to point
it to an X server (with exceed running, twm complains that there's 
already a window manager, which is correct, I suppose!) 

The question is: is there an X server for win32, is it included in X11
distribution, and if not, where can I get one? 

Another problem I have is that xterm (from X11 distribution above) wouldn't 
run, even if exceed is running: xterm says 

	Failed to open input method
	xterm:  unable to find usable termcap entry

Finally, a totally unrelated question: there's no telnet or rlogin client in

b19 -- why, and where can I get one?

Thanks a lot

- M
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".