Subject: Re: egcs1.0.2 and bash in B19 of cygnus
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

13 Apr 1998 11:48:45 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: Robert Zanzerkia <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

Exporting variables via an executed script will only affect the
processes of the child and any children it creates after the exporting
of variables.  Exported variables of the child process are not
captured by the parent process.  In order for the parent to use the
script and have an affect on the parent process is for the parent
process to do "source <scriptname>".  This will execute the commands
within the parent process not a child process and have the effect that
you want.

---Robert Zanzerkia <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>     I downloaded egcs1.0.2 and installed it.
>     I was even able to compile/run small windows program.
> 
>     Since i want to build gdb using egcs compiler, I would like to
>     change mingw32.sh to override the default evnironment that
>     cygnus bash sets up.
> 
>     Some how the export of PATH etc. does not seem to override the
>     original values...
> 
> Here is the file.
>     Any suggestions on what am i doing wrong ??
>     Anyone else using cygnus b19 bash shell, what does your
>     mingw32.sh file look like ??
> 
> #! C:/MKS/mksnt/sh.exe
> #
> # If you're using a Bourne-like shell, use this file.
> #
> set -x
> export PATH=e:/egcs/bin:$PATH
> export GCC_EXEC_PREFIX='e:\egcs\lib\gcc-lib\'
> export LIBRARY_PATH=''
> export C_INCLUDE_PATH=''
> export CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=''
> export OBJC_INCLUDE_PATH=''
> 
> 
> -
> For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a
message to
> "[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
> 

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)
http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/index_text.html  (Andy Piper - ports)
http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf     (Christopher Faylor - package ports)
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/       (German mirror)
http://www.dol.ru/users/valtul      (Valery Tulnikov - software ports)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
 http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/?l=gnu-win32&r=1&w=2#gnu-win32
 http://www.findmail.com
 http://www.search.com
add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

Help for Win32 Beginners: 
 http://www.relisoft.com
 http://www.program.com/resources/win32.html

DISCLAIMER: These links or links from these pages to other sites do
not constitute an endorsement of any entities, advertisers, products 
or services therein. I am not responsible for and do not control or 
monitor the content of these sites or the accuracy of information 
found therein.

_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".