Subject: Re: Little surprises inside of compiled files
From: [email-masked]

12 Apr 1998 07:40:06 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

>   [email-masked]
>   Sat, 11 Apr 1998 21:25:04 GMT
>       
>I have a MINGW32 compiled verison of the Midnight Commander file browser,
>and just accidentally was using it to view the contents of cygwin-compiled
>files in my /usr/local/bin directory, and I have found pieces of source
>code embedded in the middle of executables:
>
>========================================================================
>File: grotty.exe        Col 0             75776 bytes                       61%
>.°.@.D¦@....................._º@.+¼@.........s...+¼@.........t...+¼@.........u.
>.
>.-¼@.........v...+¼@.........Y...¦¼@.........y...+¼@.........z...+¼@.........Z.
>.
You guys really know how to hurt someone.  You didn't include the source
code in your display:

..........____...|........   SLfree (c);
   return sls;
}

#if SLSTRING_STATS
void SLstring_dump_stats (void)
{
   SLstring_Type *sls;
   unsigned int i;
   unsigned long bytes_malloced = 0;
   unsigned long virtual_bytes_malloced = 0;
   unsigned long num_items = 0;
   unsigned int pad;
   unsigned int num_cells;

   sls = NULL;
   pad = (unsigned int) (((char *) sls + s@`..........¦c
...........................a...a...a..ña.._a..¦a.._a.._a
..(b..4b..@b..Lb..Xb..db..pb..|b...b...b..áb..¼b..+b..-b

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".