Subject: RE: Little surprises inside of compiled files
From: [email-masked] (Sergey Okhapkin)

12 Apr 1998 04:25:20 -0700
Message-ID: <01BD660A.C70AECD0.cygnus.gnu-win32@sos>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>,
        "[email-masked]'"
	 <[email-masked]>

[email-masked] wrote:

> I have a MINGW32 compiled verison of the Midnight Commander file browser,
> and just accidentally was using it to view the contents of 
cygwin-compiled
> files in my /usr/local/bin directory, and I have found pieces of source
> code embedded in the middle of executables:

It's a well-known "feature" of Win95 - when linker does a seek past end of 
generated exe file, the gap is filled with random context of computer's 
memory rather that with zeroes... The same on NT works as expected.

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Moscow, Russia

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".