Subject: Re: help with Hellowin.c problems
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

11 Apr 1998 13:31:19 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: Stephen Alfors <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

---Stephen Alfors <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> i'm having a problem compiling a windows program,
> i've looked through the mailing list and found a couple messages
that had
> some suggetions, and i tried those, but they did't work...
> i'm trying to compile a program from "Programming Windows 95" (the
hellowin
> example program)
> i ran gcc [C:\gnuwin32>gcc -o hellowin.exe hellowin.c
-Wl,--subsystem,windows]

To do it the way you did it you have to specify the libraries to use.

try it this way:

gcc -o hellowin.exe hellowin.c -mwindows

> 
>  and got this:
> /GNUWIN32/B19/H-I386~1/i386-cygwin32/bin/ld.exe: warning: cannot
find entry
> symbol _WinMainCRTStartup; defaulting to 00401000
> C:\TMP\cc0010001.o(.text+0x4b):hellowin.c: undefined reference to
> `LoadIconA@8'
> - a long list of other functions included in the user32 library-
> 
> i would appreciate any assistance
> Stephen
> ------------------------
> [email-masked]
>                 ______________
>              -)[___________=='
>   _____====///_    _\\________
> <____________>   ^======``
>          ````
> [Yes, that's an upside-down Enterprise, ok]

In space "upside-down" is only relative to the inside of the spaceship.

> Stephen Alfors
> <[email-masked]>
> Newberry College
> 

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)
http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/index_text.html  (Andy Piper - ports)
http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf     (Christopher Faylor - package ports)
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/       (German mirror)
http://www.dol.ru/users/valtul      (Valery Tulnikov - software ports)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
 http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/?l=gnu-win32&r=1&w=2#gnu-win32
 http://www.findmail.com
 http://www.search.com
add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

Help for Win32 Beginners: 
 http://www.relisoft.com
 http://www.program.com/resources/win32.html

DISCLAIMER: These links or links from these pages to other sites do
not constitute an endorsement of any entities, advertisers, products 
or services therein. I am not responsible for and do not control or 
monitor the content of these sites or the accuracy of information 
found therein.

_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".