Subject: Re: undefined symbols
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

10 Apr 1998 16:31:28 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: Robert Zanzerkia <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

Hi Robert,

Below are a couple of suggestions which may or may not work:

Option 1) build the libmc.a with the cygwin gcc.

Option 2) get the Mingw32 verion of gcc from Colin Peters' page (URL
is listed below) and build your modifed gdb with it.  You might
consider the changes Mumit Khan has to gdb for Mingw32.

---Robert Zanzerkia <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>     I am trying to build gdb on WIndowsNT using cygwin32.
>     The stock gdb builds fine.
>     In my company we have modified stock gdb to include cpu's
>     we support.
>     Some features are provided through our library (libmc.a).
> 
>     I applied all our code changes to gdb code.
>     I can compile fine, however when I link against our private
library
> (libmc.a)
>     I get following undefined references (some examples below)..
> 
>
H:imports/os/system/lib/winnt-4_0-ix86/libmc.lib(winnt_user_posio.o)(.text+0x1f8
> 
> ):i490.c: undefined reference to `_imp__printf'
>
H:imports/os/system/lib/winnt-4_0-ix86/libmc.lib(winnt_user_posio.o)(.text+0x3ef
> 
> ):i490.c: undefined reference to `_imp___close'
> 
>     Any suggestions on how to compile my libmc.a so that these symbols
> can be found in
>     cygnus library ?
>     NOTE: libmc.a was compiled using vc++ compiler (cl), due to
customer
> requirement
>               we have to use vc++ compiler for libmc.a...
> 
> Thank you in advance...
> Robert
> 
>     I tried compiling with -D_CRTIMP after looking at the following
> header without much success.
> 
> /* Define _CRTIMP */
> 
> #ifndef _CRTIMP
> #ifdef  _NTSDK
> /* definition compatible with NT SDK */
> #define _CRTIMP
> #else   /* ndef _NTSDK */
> /* current definition */
> #ifdef  _DLL
> #define _CRTIMP __declspec(dllimport)
> #else   /* ndef _DLL */
> #define _CRTIMP
> #endif  /* _DLL */
> #endif  /* _NTSDK */
> #endif  /* _CRTIMP */

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)
http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/index_text.html  (Andy Piper - ports)
http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf     (Christopher Faylor - package ports)
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/       (German mirror)
http://www.dol.ru/users/valtul      (Valery Tulnikov - software ports)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
    http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/?l=gnu-win32&r=1&w=2#gnu-win32
    http://www.findmail.com
    http://www.search.com
add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

Help for Win32 Beginners: 
    http://www.relisoft.com
    http://www.program.com/resources/win32.html

_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".