Subject: Re: BASH under B19
From: [email-masked] (Caspian Foxworth)

10 Apr 1998 13:35:56 -0700
Sender: [email-masked]
Message-ID: <Pine.GSO.3.96.980407144232.7648B-100000.cygnus.gnu-win32@shell>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: gw32 <[email-masked]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII

On Tue, 7 Apr 1998, Earnie Boyd wrote:

> 
> To have tty support for the cygwin bash you need to add to the list of
> values for the CYGWIN32 environment variable "TTY" before you start
> bash.  This may cause problems for some non-cygwin programs.
> 
> The other problem is that ^C begins a new thread and the cygwinb19.dll
> is NOT thread safe.  So, you hit ^C once and you've got one unsafe
> thread, hit again then you've got another and so on.
> 

There MUST!!! be a @#%@#%ing workaround. I'm sick and tired of BASH
locking up...

> -        \\||//
> ---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
> [email-masked]
> ------ooo0O--O0ooo-------
> 
> Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
> ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
> http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
> http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
> http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
> http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
> http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
> ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
> http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
> http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
> http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
> http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
> http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
> http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
> http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)
> http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/index_text.html  (Andy Piper - ports)
> http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf     (Christopher Faylor - package ports)
> ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/       (German mirror)
> http://www.dol.ru/users/valtul      (Valery Tulnikov - software ports)
> 
> SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
> http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/?l=gnu-win32&r=1&w=2#gnu-win32
> http://www.findmail.com
> http://www.search.com
> add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.
> 
> Help for Win32 Beginners: http://www.relisoft.com
> 
> _________________________________________________________
> DO YOU YAHOO!?
> Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com
> 

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".