Subject: Porting GNU-win32 to NT/MIPS
From: [email-masked] (Michael Ng)

10 Apr 1998 13:14:24 -0700
Sender: [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

Hi!  Everyone,

I appologize if this has been asked many times, but I did try lookup the
answer for a while.  Anyway, my problem is:

I have been trying to recompile the GNUPro Toolkit to a Windows NT machine
using MIPS compatible CPU.  The machine I used to compile is a Pentium II
machine and I am using b19 of the gnu-win32(i-386).  So far.. no success
yet.  I was wondering if any one has successfully done these before..  

Thanks in advance.  I don't have much experience in working with gnu-win32
platform.  Any help will be appreciated.

Michael
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the script I used to configure and build the toolkit.

../configure --host=i386-cygwin32 --prefix=/cygnus/97r2antmips
--target=mips64orion-idt-elf --enable-targets=mips-idt-ecoff --with-gnu-ld
--with-gnu-as -v
(above is in a single line)
make > make.log 2>&1

Then, from the make.log I saw these message:
...
mips64orion-idt-elf-gcc: not found
...
...
cd: lstat /d failed
mips64orion-idt-elf-gcc -g -O2  -O2 -DMISSING_SYSCALL_NAMES -fno-builtin
-I//d/cygnus/progressive-97r2a/src/mips64orion-idt-elf/newlib/./targ-include

-I//d/cygnus/progressive-97r2a/src/mips64orion-idt-elf/newlib/./libc/include
 -c k_standard.c
mips64orion-idt-elf-gcc: not found
make[3]: *** [k_standard.o] Error 2
make[2]: *** [math/lib.a] Error 1
make[1]: *** [libm/libm.a] Error 2
make: *** [all-target-newlib] Error 2

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".