Subject: B19 - System.in doesn't work right in Java on NT
From: [email-masked] (Paul Tomblin)

10 Apr 1998 10:54:52 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------B250DF120A36527998CB7EDF"
To: [email-masked]

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------B250DF120A36527998CB7EDF
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I have a little Java program that reads from System.in (stdin)
and writes to System.out (stdout), and it works fine in a DOS
window but in a bash window it never gets the input.  Everything
I type ends up being delivered to bash after the java program
exits.  This does not happen with real bash under Linux.
-- 
Paul Tomblin or an amazingly lifelike simulation. 
[email-masked]
Blue Lobster Software http://www.bluelobster.com/
"Wonderful lobster, the Australian Blue.  Beautiful carapace."
--------------B250DF120A36527998CB7EDF
Content-Type: application/x-unknown-content-type-java_auto_file; name="ReadStdinNoThread.java"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="ReadStdinNoThread.java"

--------------B250DF120A36527998CB7EDF--

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".