Subject: [Fwd: Windows Serial Ports]
From: [email-masked] (John Massingham)

10 Apr 1998 09:46:09 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------11BF767D2052CF3623CC972C"
To: [email-masked]

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------11BF767D2052CF3623CC972C
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi,

Sorry if you have seen this before, but I haven't got a reply 
(not even a copy of the message as I recall) so am wondering 
if this message actually made it to the mailing list....

regards

John
--------------11BF767D2052CF3623CC972C
Content-Type: message/rfc822
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 12:12:32 +0100
From: John Massingham <[email-masked]>
Organization: LSI Logic
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.03 [en] (X11; I; SunOS 5.5.1 sun4u)
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: GnuWin32 List <[email-masked]>
Subject: Windows Serial Ports
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi All,

Has anyone tried talking to the serial ports under gnuwin32?

If so, how did you do it, can you make use of mscomm.dll etc
in order to have access to MS comm classes eg comm1.port = 1
or can you just write directly to the hardware at address 
0x3F8 for example?

Any help greatly appreciated, I have come this far with 
gnu-win32 (which I think is great) and don't want to have to
fall back to Micro$loth at the last hurdle!!

cheers

John

--------------11BF767D2052CF3623CC972C--

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".