Subject: Re: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
From: [email-masked] (Richard H. Gumpertz)

10 Apr 1998 05:27:54 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <F53F7494D48ED11181C400A0C93E18BA14CA7B@BALOR>
To: [email-masked] (Jarrett, Charles)
Cc: [email-masked]

> Running configure on lesstif-0.82 yields this message any clue what is
> causing it.
> Cheers,c.e.jarrett

This error appears to be popping up in many contexts.  Is there a common
cause?

I have a small program that does nothing other than call socketpair, fork,
and then have one process send messages to the other using that socket pair.
It too gets the STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION error in the child (the one doing the
recv calls).

Actually, if it sends only small (<50) number of messages in the loop, it
works.  When it sends a large (>1000) number of messages, it fails.  This
suggests to me that the problem could be in the process blocking/unblocking
or msg-buffer allocation/freeing code (e.g., when the socket message buffers
fill up).

I have not looked at any of the cygwin source...maybe someday I'll get some
free time.  In the mean time, however, I'll gladly provide source for my test
program to anyone who wants to try to track down the problem.  Seems like a
1-2 page test program would be easier to deal with than a major real program.

Same problem with B19.1 and Sergey's versions of cygwin32b19.dll.

-- 
 =============================================================================
 |Richard H. Gumpertz [email-masked]  VOICE: (913) 642-1777  FAX: (913) 642-8777|
 |Computer Problem Solving 4518 W 89th St, Ste 220, Prairie Vlg KS 66207-2293|
 =============================================================================
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".