Subject: RE: MFC with Cygwin?
From: [email-masked]

10 Apr 1998 03:00:35 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

>   Parker, Ron ([email-masked])
>   Mon, 30 Mar 1998 17:39:46 -0600
>
>Perhaps in the future someone will undertake the task of creating a PD
>set of headers and import libraries for MFC, but AFAIK this has not
>been done yet. If it were, it would not address the issue of obtaining
>and redistributing the DLL files.  However, we could then rely upon
>whatever version of MFC was shipped with the operating system.
>
>This would be like what MingWin does for a C runtime library.  It
>links against the OS supplied, MSVCRT.DLL.
>
Actually, MINGW32 uses crtdll.dll, which apparently has one virtue that,
say, Borland's rtldll.dll does not have:  It is thread safe, meaning
that you can use the Windows threads version of lynx NSL_FORK with the
MINGW32 version of lynx, and nothing crashes.  If you do the same thing,
and compile with Borland's rtldll.dll, you get crashes.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".