Subject: Questions about tty
From: [email-masked] (Christopher Wilson)

10 Apr 1998 02:21:43 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "GNU-Win32 Project" <[email-masked]>

Ok... I've got the telnetD up and running. And I even got the alternative
shells running properly (sh, bash, csh)
Now, question. Why is it when I just open a bash prompt, tty works fine, and
creates or adds to an existing /var/run/utmp file and when someone telnets
in nothing happens?
They telnet in, and nothing gets added to the utmp file, therefore making
the talk command totally useless.

Also, even though I have the inetd.conf file setup for FTP also, the ftpD
does not respond. Any ideas?

Any help would be appreciated..

Oh.. BTW... So far I have had no problem with any limitations on customers
telneting into the box. The cygwin32 telnetD is not only faster than my
stand alone, but requires less resources... I have had up to my regular 50
users logged in without a problem.

========================
=      Chris Wilson - Admin       =
= http://www.pclink.dynip.com =
========================

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".